To Build a World Class Zoo for a World Class City. To achieve this goal, the Phoenix Zoo, for the first time in its 47 year history, is embarking on a full-scale Capital Campaign.
The greater Phoenix area is one of the nation’s and world’s great emerging 21st Century cities, and our community deserves a zoo that proudly represents the stature - “World Class Zoo for a World Class City”.
To achieve this goal, the Phoenix Zoo, for the first time in its 47 year history, is embarking on a full-scale Capital Campaign. The Zoo Board and staff have developed a Comprehensive Master Plan and capital funding strategy designed to implement the Master Plan by the year 2012, the Zoo’s 50th year in operation and Arizona’s Centennial anniversary. The Plan will provide:
• Spectacular new and improved animal exhibits.
• A more compact footprint of the core animal collection that provides guests a more convenient, intense and interactive animal experience.
• Increased opportunities for fun and engaging educational activities that put children in touch with nature.
• A modern and adequately sized infrastructure to support the Zoo as it grows with the community over the next 50 years.
• State of the art amenities for guests.
1. To Build a World Class Zoo