Decent Work Decent Life is the best way to fight poverty
Decent Work for Decent Life is a campaign led by the International Trade Union Confederation, the Global Progressive Forum, Social Alert and Solidar which aims to:
● Build awareness of Decent Work amongst citizens, decision makers and key institutions;
● Show that Decent Work is the only sustainable way out of poverty and is fundamental to build democracy and social cohesion;
● Place Decent Work at the core of development, economic, trade, financial and social policies at the national, European and International level.
Decent Work is a strategy to achieve sustainable development that is centred on people. Decent Work is a key element to build fair, equitable and inclusive societies being based around the principles of employment creation, workers’ rights, equality between women and men, social protection and social dialogue.
1. Equal access to employment
2. Fair living wage
3. Social protection
4. Jobs free from exploitation.
5. Social dialogue