The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Intl is the leading charitable funder and advocate of Type 1 diabetes research worldwide. The mission of JDRF is to find a cure for Diabetes.
1. Diabetes is a chronic, debilitating disease affecting every organ system.
2. Type 1 Diabetes is an autoimmune disease known as juvenile diabetes.
3. Type 2 Diabetes is a metabolic disorder also known as adult onset diabetes.
4. More than 85% of JDRF's expenditures directly support research and research related education.
5. Nearly 3 million Americans have Type 1 Diabetes.