Hundreds of thousands of students will take some form of a vow of silence on April 17 to bring attention to anti-LGBT name-calling, bullying and harassment at school.
What are you going to do to end the silence?
1. Every student has a right to feel safe at school, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity/expression
2. Nearly 9 out of 10 LGBT students experience harassment each year.
3. Register as a participant at www.dayofsilence.org.
4. Students from more than 7,500 middle and high schools participating in 2008.
5. GLSEN's Day of Silence was created by University of Virginia students in 1996.