Click below to stop Governor Paterson's proposal to devastate the Zoos, Botanical Gardens and Aquariums Program (ZBGA)
New York State’s Zoos, Botanical Gardens and Aquariums Program (ZBGA) was created more than 20 years ago to help living museums such as the Bronx Zoo, the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, and the Buffalo Museum of Science and Tifft Nature Preserve take care of their plants and animals. Governor David Paterson has proposed devastaing cuts of nearly 50% to the ZBGA in his proposed budget. Unfortunately when funds are low, a living museum cannot simply close a wing. The Governor and State Legislature need to hear from you that this proposal is unacceptable. Add your voice today to our cause!
1. Send a message to Albany click: https://secure3.convio.net/wcs/site/Advocacy?cmddisplay&page=UserAction&id=137
2. 80 organizations across New York will have their ZBGA funding cut by nearly 50%.
3. Living Museums cannot fire their animals or furlough their plant collections
4. They are the economic drivers that bring jobs and a tremendous amount of stimulus to our state’s economy with more than 10 million visitors annually
5. The Bronx Zoo and New York Aquarium, alone, generated more than $289.6 million in FY 2008