IF YOU SUSPECT THAT YOU ARE ADDICTED TO FACEBOOK THEN JOIN THIS CAUSE
Diagnosis of facebook addiction disorder so that help can be seeked promptly to prevent disruption to normal activities of daily living.
How do you know if you're already addicted or rapidly tumbling toward trouble? The Facebook Addiction Test (FAT) is a reliable measure of addictive use of the Facebook. FAT is a 20-item questionnaire that measures mild, moderate, and severe levels of Facebook Addiction.
To assess your level of addiction, answer the following questions using this scale:
1 = Rarely.
2 = Occasionally.
3 = Frequently.
4 = Often.
5 = Always.
Does Not Apply
1. How often do you find that you stay on facebook longer than you intended?
2. How often do you neglect household chores to spend more time on facebook?
3. How often do you prefer the excitement of the Facebook to intimacy with your partner?
4. How often do you form new relationships with fellow facebook users?
5. How often do others in your life complain to you about the amount of time you spend facebook?
6. How often do your grades or school work suffer because of the amount of time you spend on facebook?
7. How often do you check your e-mail before something else that you need to do?
8. How often does your job performance or productivity suffer because of Facebook?
9. How often do you become defensive or secretive when anyone asks you what you do on facebook?
10. How often do you block out disturbing thoughts about your life with soothing thoughts of the Facebook?
11. How often do you find yourself anticipating when you will go on facebook again?
12. How often do you fear that life without facebook would be boring, empty, and joyless?
13. How often do you snap, yell, or act annoyed if someone bothers you while you are facebook?
14. How often do you lose sleep due to late-night log-ins?
15. How often do you feel preoccupied with the facebook when off-line, or fantasise about being on facebook?
16. How often do you find yourself saying "just a few more minutes" when on facebook?
17. How often do you try to cut down the amount of time you spend facebook and fail?
18. How often do you try to hide how long you've been on facebook?
19. How often do you choose to spend more time facebookover going out with others?
20. How often do you feel depressed, moody, or nervous when you are off-line, which goes away once you are back on facebook?
After you've answered all the questions, add the numbers you selected for each response to obtain a final score. The higher your score, the greater your level of addiction and the problems your Facebook usage causes. Here's a general scale to help measure your score:
20 - 49 points: You are an average facebook user. You may surf facebook a bit too long at times, but you have control over your usage.
50 -79 points: You are experiencing occasional or frequent problems because of facebook. You should consider their full impact on your life.
80 - 100 points: Your Facebook usage is causing significant problems in your life. You should evaluate the impact of Facebook on your life and address the problems directly caused by your Facebook usage.
For immediate help, visit your local Counseling Services which provides affordable and confidential counseling or review the media on Facebook addiction to learn more.
1. If you are scoring above 80 acknowledge that you have a facebook addiction disorder and support this cause.
2. If you were even stuffed to do the Facebook Addiction Test then you have been automatically classified as having the facebook addiction disorder.
3. For the test click on "See Extended Info" below.