Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) promotes understanding, increases acceptance, and advances equality.
The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) amplifies the voice of the LGBT community by empowering real people to share their stories, holding the media accountable for the words and images they present, and helping grassroots organizations communicate effectively. By ensuring that the stories of LGBT people are heard through the media, GLAAD promotes understanding, increases acceptance, and advances equality.
1. Visit http://glaad.org for up to date happenings, entertainment, events, announcements and more.
2. Become a member or student member of GLAAD: https://www.glaad.org/donate
3. Join the Official Facebook Page for GLAAD: http://facebook.com/GLAAD
4. Register for GLAAD email updates, including Calls to Action at http://glaad.org/myglaad
5. Check out GLAAD's blog for a look at how the media are addressing LGBT issues: http://glaadblog.org