Dear More Shoes for Bush members,
When the Iraqi journalist threw his shoes at President Bush last month, it was a rejection of the US invasion and occupation of Iraq, a stand against the killing of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis, and a gesture on behalf of the widows and orphans the war has created. We stood in solidarity with al-Zaidi.
Now as Barack Obama is sworn in as President of the United States of America next week, we are more mindful than ever of the Promises for Peace he made to the American people during his campaign, especially his promises to:
1. End the war in Iraq
2. Shut Down Guantánamo
3. Reject the Military Commissions Act
4. Stop Torture
5. Work to eliminate nuclear weapons
6. Hold direct, unconditional talks with Iran.
7. Abide by Senate approved international treaties.
Please join us in being the string around his finger that reminds him to practice what he preaches and deliver the change our country so desperately needs. Please join us in REMINDING OBAMA! Here's how you can get involved:
* Watch the video at http://www.remindobama.org (then post the link on your wall)
* Sign the Facebook pledge: http://apps.facebook.com/causes/petitions/41?m=35bec252
* Join us in tying a virtual ribbon around your finger to Remind Obama of his promises by changing your profile picture. You can download the image here: http://www.codepinkalert.org/img/original/remindobama_final.jpg
* Find more ways to get involved at http://www.remindobama.org