The Victory Gardening Initiative hopes to promote urban vegetable production in the back (and front) yards (and windows, and rooftops, and playgrounds) of all.
Victory gardening is the new protest, the peaceful resistance. Lie down, next to me, in front of this bulldozer.
1. Vegetable gardening is a cheap source of healthy, delicious, organic food.
2. Vegetable gardening gives people (the rich and poor alike) control over and security of their food system.
3. Gardening promotes community building by encouraging people to be outdoors, sharing garden abundance, and sharing skills.
4. Gardening is good for your body, mind and soul.
5. Victory gardening promotes self reliant, ecologically sound, and socially just urban human habitats.