provide free, high quality medical and surgical treatment to the civilian victims of war, landmines and poverty
Emergency is an independent, neutral and non-political Italian organization.
Emergency promotes a culture of solidarity, peace and respect for human rights.
Because healthcare should be a basic human right,
- offers medical and surgical treatment completely free of charge;
- guarantees treatment to anyone in need of assistance, without any racial, ideological, political discrimination;
- provides high quality assistance, employing standardized therapeutic and work protocols which have been tried and tested in emergency situations;
- trains local staff thoroughly, with the intent of handing over all operations of the medical centre to them and to local authorities as soon as self-sustainability can be achieved.
- hospitals specifically dedicated to war victims, surgical emergencies and specialist therapy in places where there are none;
- physical and social rehabilitation centres;
- first aid posts for emergency treatment;
- heathcare centres for primary medical assistance.
All Emergency facilities are designed, built and run by specialized international personnel, who provide training for local staff.
1. Healthcare should be a basic human right