Together we are improving the lives of children & families touched by cancer!
At kidsSTRONG, we fight for the more than 50,000 children in our nation that are battling cancer this year! There can be and should be life after cancer diagnosis for all children. That’s why kidsSTRONG is dedicated to changing the quality of care and treatment by empowering all children and families touched by cancer. Our programs are an essential complement to medical care, providing access to cancer care support and innovative research. Our goal is to ease the burden of childhood cancer today and to help find a cure for tomorrow. Join us as we connect people and communities to drive social change for family centered cancer care at http://www.kidsSTRONG.org .
Did you know:
*About one in 500 young adults is a childhood cancer survivor. Nearly 2/3 of the survivors later experience significant medical problems or develop new cancers as adults that result from the treatment of their original cancer.
* Cancer claims the lives of more children each year than AIDS, asthma, cystic fibrosis and diabetes combined.
* One out of every 300 kids in America will develop cancer before their 20th birthday.
* Childhood cancer does not discriminate, sparing no ethnic group, socio-economic class or geographic region.
* In the past 30 years ONLY ONE new cancer drug has been approved for pediatric cancer.
* The causes of most pediatric cancers remain a mystery and cannot be prevented.
Our Mission: At kidsSTRONG, we are dedicated to improving the quality of care and treatment for children touched by cancer and supporting their families in the challenges they face. Our goal is to ease the burden of childhood cancer today and to help find a cure for tomorrow
We provide vital support services for children affected by cancer enabling a child’s everyday hopes and dreams.
kidsSTRONG partners with children’s health entrepreneurs and professionals in key markets across the country to accelerate access to comprehensive cancer care for all children and families touched by cancer. We are committed to developing children and family friendly psychosocial interventions, disseminating cancer care knowledge across communities and supporting the translation of cancer research discoveries to practical tools and innovative treatment approaches for children and families touched by cancer.
kidsSTRONG is a California state nonprofit public benefit corporation with approved federal 501(c)3 status.
kidsSTRONG is a leading national organization focused solely on accelerating comprehensive cancer care and research for kids touched by cancer so every child survives and leads a long and healthy life.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- JOIN the cause
- SHARE the cause on your own wall for friends to join
- INVITE all your friends by signing the 'Invite Pledge'
- DONATE to our children
- CREATE a birthday wish for our cause
1. We know 438 children are diagnosed with cancer everyday.
2. We know that many of these patients need help with day-to-day basic needs such as food, shelter and medical treatment.
3. We believe that together we can change cancer care for all our children.
4. We invite you to join us in this effort and make a positive and meaningful difference in the lives of those in need.
a 501(c)(3) nonprofit (EIN: 68-0674372)