Raise funds for Postpartum Support International to continue to help women all over the world with support and resources to recover quickly.
Postpartum Support International (PSI) is the world's largest non-profit organization dedicated to helping women suffering from perinatal mood and anxiety disorders, including postpartum depression, the most common complication of childbirth. PSI was founded in 1987 to increase awareness among public and professional communities about the emotional difficulties that women can experience during and after pregnancy. The organization offers support, reliable information, best practice training, and volunteer coordinators in all 50 U.S. states as well as 26 countries around the world. Working together with volunteers, caring professionals, researchers, legislators and others, PSI is committed to eliminating stigma and ensuring that compassionate and quality care is available to all families. To learn more, call PSI at 800-944-4PPD or visit www.postpartum.net.
1. More than 1 million women each year in the United States alone will suffer a perinatal mood or anxiety disorder.
2. These illnesses include postpartum depression, postpartum OCD, postpartum psychosis, postpartum PTSD and depression during pregnancy.
3. When these illnesses remain untreated, research shows they have a negative long-term health impact (both physical & mental) on women & their children.
4. There aren't near enough trained professionals, awareness campaigns and services available to help prevent these illnesses or get them treated quickly
5. PSI is the world's top organization helping these women. They need your help. Visit www.postpartum.net.