Victims of Sex Abuse should have a voice.
A Sex Offender Registry exists in Canada but it is not available to the public. At times, when there are high risk offenders being released, the press will release info & the offender's picture to warn the public. The Canadian Sex Offender Registry came into effect in December of 1994... anyone who commited a sex crime before that date is not on the list!
***** ※ DISCLAIMER / NOTICE ※ *****
This group contains several discussions and posts as expressed by its members, some of which may be controversial and may go against your own personal values/beliefs.
While this group and its administrators may advocate the end of child abuse and the removal of pedophiles from social networking sites, please note that WE CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE OPINIONS OF OUR MEMBERS!!
National Sex Offender Registry Statistics (as of July 2007)
SEX OFFENDERS NON-COMPLIANT (% OF TOTAL)
- British Columbia 1,469 134 (9%)
- Alberta 1,251 201 (16%)
- Saskatchewan 571 26 (5%)
- Manitoba 696 83 (12%)
- Ontario 8,229 317 (4%)
- Quebec 2,554 480 (19%)
- New Brunswick 424 5 (1%)
- Prince Edward Island 53 0 (0%)
- Nova Scotia 407 4 (1%)
- Newfoundland 299 3 (1%)
- Yukon 32 7 (22%)
- Northwest Territories 89 6 (7%)
- Nunavut 221 4 (2%)
Total 16,295 1,270 (8%)
If these people were listed on a publically accessible website, we would at least know what they looked like & could inform police.
From the Family Watchdog FAQ!
The sad facts about sex offenses and those that perpetrate them.
- 1 of 5 girls will be sexually molested before her 18th birthday.
- 1 of 6 boys will be sexually molested before his 18th birthday.
- 1 of 5 children has been propositioned for sex over the Internet.
- 2 of 3 sexual abuses are perpetrated against teenagers or younger children.
- 90% of sexual assaults are committed against someone the perpetrator knows.
- The median age for male molestation victims under 18 is 9.8 years old.
- The median age for female molestation victims under 18 is 9.6 years old.
- There are new 400,000 victims of sexual assault every year.
- 76% of serial rapists claim they were molested as children.
- Over 40% of male juvenile delinquents were molested as children.
1. Change the Laws so that sex offenders get a max time and no parole.
2. Protecting our kids from sex offenders.
3. Telling the government that we as society will not put up with it.
4. Any foul language or insulting of others or threating remarks made in this cause will be deleted and you getting banned from this Cause. cont'd >>