To help create a culture of peace via the transference of vacant lots into peace gardens that bear vegetables, fruits, and flowers.
Think Green is for Peace In our Streets and Beyond; Think Green is for Wellness, Health, and Holistic Living. Think Green is for economic and community development. The vehicle is the transference of vacant lots into peace gardens that bear vegetables, fruits, and flowers. This key vehicle allows Umoja’s Think Green Peace Campaign to address the aforementioned areas to improve the quality of life in Philadelphia as well as create a model program that can work internationally in the markets that the House of Umoja reaches.
The Think Green Peace Campaign includes partnerships with Sovereign Bank and Councilman Curtis Jones, Jr., who serves on the environmental committee of the City of Philadelphia’s City Council. The campaign's programming includes:
1. an educational after-school and summer program that teaches about "green economy" and money management instruction provided by Sovereign Bank,
2. community partnerships with youth and elder members of the community who work side by side cultivating gardens,
3. art, cultural, and entertainment partnerships including:
*Bruce George, Co-Founder of Def Poetry Jam and Co-Author of The Bandana Republic: A Literary Anthology by Gang Members and Their Affiliates
*KRS One - Stop The Violence Tour
The Think Green Peace Campaign is a strategic community, youth, and economic development initiative that provides benefit for our national and global communities building from the inside out. Just saying the name puts you in a different mindset, right! (lol)
Send your tax deductible donations to:
House of Umoja
5625 Master Street
Philadelphia, PA 19131
1. Think Green is for Peace In our Streets and Beyond
2. Think Green is for Wellness, Health, and Holistic Living
3. Think Green is for Economic and Community Development