Real Change exists to create opportunity and a voice for low-income people while taking action to end homelessness and poverty.
Real Change includes:
- An award-winning newspaper, sold on the street by low-income and homeless vendors.
- The Real Change Organizing project, our advocacy arm, working pro-actively across class lines on issues of housing affordability, homelessness, growing inequality, and human and civil rights.
Real Change builds connections between the poor, homeless and the greater community, while engaging the broader public in the fight for economic justice. By publishing the newspaper and mobilizing the public around poverty issues, Real Change organizes, educates and builds alliances to find community-based solutions to homelessness and poverty.
Real Change is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization.
Read the current and back issues at www.realchangenews.org.
1. All people have the right to dignity.
2. Diversity has intrinsic value.
3. Poverty is political--systemic change is necessary.
4. Building community is essential to social change.
5. Political effectiveness requires staying power.
6. Solutions to poverty must involve people who are directly affected.
7. Risks are necessary to create positive change.
8. Meeting people where they are honors their skills and potential.
9. We are committed to quality, professionalism, and accountability in everything we do.