To foster a connection with the cultural identity of Israel and with Jewish history. Please go to http://www.campgilboa.org to donate today!
Founded in 1935, Habonim Dror (the Builders of Freedom) is a Progressive Labor Zionist Youth movement.
Machaneh Gilboa (Camp Gilboa) is a nonprofit camp for boys and girls ages 9 to 17, located near Big Bear, California. Camp Gilboa is sponsored by the Habonim Dror Youth Movement and is affiliated with Na'amat USA, Ameinu (formerly Labor Zionist Alliance), and HaNoar HaOved VeHalomed in Israel.
Camp Gilboa has served the western states since 1936 and is one of several North American Habonim Dror camps. See our 2006-2007 camp dates. For chanichim who have completed the 10th grade, we have our leadership training program in Israel, Machaneh Bonim Israel.
Camp Gilboa also sponsors year-round programs in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego. Peulot (activities) include Onegei Shabbat (Friday night Shabbat programs), Tikkun Olam (Social Justice) activities, picnics and other fun and educational activities.
1. Judaism - To strengthen the relationship between North American Jewish youth and Judaism through their involvement in progressive Jewish communities w
2. Progressive Labor Zionism - To upbuild the State of Israel as a progressive, egalitarian, cooperative society, at peace with its neighbors; actively i
3. Self-Actualization - To develop within its members the will to realize their own capabilities and a feeling of responsibility for themselves and their
4. Social Justice - To participate in constructive activities in the North American Jewish community while advocating changes where necessary to foster J
5. Socialism - To participate in the creation of a new social order throughout the world, based on the principles of self-determination, individual freed