Today, thanks to a unique convergence of events, we have a second chance to realize Thoreau’s vision by creating a new Maine Woods National Park and Preserve.
For more information about the proposed Maine Woods National Park and Preserve, please visit www.restore.org.
1. If the people of Maine and America act soon, we can restore this magnificent landscape to health and build a sustainable way of life.
2. The new National Park would encompass 3.2 million acres, an area larger than Yellowstone and Yosemite combined.
3. The Maine Woods National Park would truly be the “Yellowstone of the East.”
4. Recovery of extirpated and imperiled wildlife, including the eastern timber wolf, Canada lynx, and Atlantic salmon.
5. America's first restored landscape: a place of vast recovered wilderness.