Obtain justice of murder of San Jose Police Officer, Jeffrey Fontana whose end of watch was 10/28/2001. His accused killer has yet to go to trial and is still in County Jail.
Police Officer Jeffrey Fontana
San Jose Police Department
End of Watch: Sunday, October 28, 2001
Tour of Duty: 1 year
Badge Number: 3702
Cause of Death: Gunfire
Date of Incident: Sunday, October 28, 2001
Weapon Used: Gun
Suspect Info: Apprehended
Officer Jeffrey Fontana was shot and killed while patrolling an affluent neighborhood in San Jose.
At approximately 0430 hours, Officer Fontana came upon a suspect who ambushed him and shot him during a traffic stop. Officer Fontana was found several feet from his patrol car with his weapon still in its holster. The shooter fled the scene but was apprehended one and a half weeks later.
Officer Fontana had been employed with the San Jose Police Department for about one year, but had only been on patrol by himself for one week. He is survived by his parents and two brothers.
Even though Jeffrey's shooter was apprehended he still has not been brought to trial and no justice has been served. Many people believe the shooter was brought to trial and the case is closed. This event is a rally to raise awareness that there still has been no trial and to push for a trial. Jeffrey's case is the only case in the history of California where a fallen officer's killer has not been brought to trial when caught.
1. Fallen Police Officers' families deserve justice.
2. Allowing a defense to use stall tactics for 7 years to put off a trial should be a crime.
3. Families deserve justice and cop killers should be a number one priority for Death Penalty cases..
4. Jeffrey lived and died believing in our justice system, yet there has been no justice for Jeffrey.
5. Follow the trial - http://justiceforjeffrey.blogspot.com/