work towards the establishment of an independent and democratic Cuba using non-violent means.
Founded by Florida International University students in 1993 the Free Cuba Foundation is a non-profit, and non-partisan movement whose purpose is to work towards the establishment of an independent and democratic Cuba using non-violent means. This myspace site serves three purposes:
1. Provide information on the situation inside of Cuba and the international community's relationship with the island.
2. Provide a platform for human rights and democracy activists to dialogue.
3. Provide a means for the internet community to engage in campaigns to improve human rights standards with a special focus on obtaining the release of political prisoners or improve their conditions inside Cuba's prisons.
1. The determination to work for a non-violent transition toward a democratic society under the rule of law, devoid of any vindictiveness, and equally comprising all Cubans.
2. Obtaining unconditional amnesty for all political prisoners.
3. Launching a series of legal transformations that will provide the necessary framework, within the law, to secure absolute respect for all universally recognized human rights, as well as equal participation by all Cubans.