Before 2013 comes to a close, let's celebrate the good that you made possible this year.
Imagine how much more Amnesty International can accomplish with your support today:
1. ABOLISHED – Maryland became the 18th state to abandon capital punishment, and the 6th state in 6 years to join the abolition club.
2. SAVED – Beatriz, a 22-year old Salvadoran woman denied medical treatment by her government, was finally allowed to undergo the emergency procedure that saved her life.
3. DELIVERED – At long last, the US signed an historic Arms Trade Treaty to help keep conventional weapons out of the hands of human rights abusers.
4. RELEASED – Cambodian housing rights activist Yorm Bopha, arrested while peacefully defending the rights of her community, was released on bail.
5. FREED – A year ago Iranian human rights lawyer Nasrin Sotoudeh was behind bars. Today she is free and reunited with her family.
6. EXPOSED – Together we alerted the world to the unimaginable horror experienced by 8-year-old Nabeela Bibi, who witnessed her grandmother blown to pieces by a US drone strike.
7. PROTECTED – US lawmakers finally passed a strong and inclusive Violence Against Women Act, with new provisions protecting the safety of ALL women, not just some.
8. AT PEACE – Terminally ill Angola 3 prisoner Herman Wallace was released from a horrific 41 years of solitary confinement. He died 3 days later, a free man, surrounded by friends and family.
One thing's for sure - we never give up.
Most of these human rights victories have been years in the making. Justice may not always be swift, but it is certain. Together we are an unwavering force for human dignity.
Thank you for all you do to support human rights.
Steven W Hawkins
Amnesty International USA
P.S. Your gift will be multiplied by a group of passionate supporters, but only if we receive your donation by Dec. 31. Thousands of donors have already taken advantage of this special opportunity – don't miss out! Please donate now: http://www.amnestyusa.org/W13YEE6DC