The Catholic Coalition on Climate Change will launch our new project, the Catholic Climate Covenant, on April 22, 2009, Earth Day. This unprecedented effort will be nationwide with a mailing to every parish in the country and will feature a new website with a 3 minute inspirational video and ways for every Catholic individual, family, parish, school, religious community and any other Catholic organization to fulfill the St. Francis Pledge.
The St. Francis Pledge will be the heart of the effort and will encourage all to:
• PRAY and reflect on the duty to care for God’s creation and protect the poor and vulnerable;
• LEARN about and educate others on both the reality of climate change and its moral dimensions;
• ASSESS your participation—as individuals and organizations—in contributing to climate change (i.e. consumption and conservation);
• ACT to change your choices and behaviors contributing to climate change and;
• ADVOCATE Catholic principles and priorities in climate change discussions and decisions, especially as they impact the poor and vulnerable.
We are beginning now an ad campaign and placing our message, "Who's Under Your Carbon Footprint" in major Catholic newspapers and publications. Our key message emphasizes the unique and important contribution to climate change by the Catholic community: that BOTH God's gift of Creation and poor and vulnerable people at home and abroad must be our concern as we face the challenges of climate change.
The way to demonstrate this concern is to Take the St. Francis Pledge and Join the Covenant.
We will notify you again as more elements of this campaign come online.
Come back the this Cause to see our new Ad.
PLEASE SHARE THIS E-MAIL WITH OTHERS AND URGE THEM TO JOIN THIS CAUSE!