2010 here we go! http://pages.teamintraining.org/sfl/wdw10/Luije
Welcome to my Team In Training cause page. LLS is committed to curing leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma, and helping patients and their families. The support you provide is invested wisely.
I'm training to participate in an endurance event as a member of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) Team In Training. All of us on Team In Training are raising funds to help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma from taking more lives. I am completing this event in honor of all individuals who are battling blood cancers. These people are the real heroes on our team, and we need your support to cross the ultimate finish line - a cure!
I hope you will visit my web site often. Be sure to check back frequently to see my progress. Thanks for your support!
1. An estimated 135,520 people in the United States will be diagnosed with leukemia, lymphoma or myeloma in a year.
2. An estimated 823,349 Americans are currently living with leukemia, Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma.
3. Every ten minutes, another child or adult is expected to die from leukemia, lymphoma or myeloma. This statistic represents 143 people each day.
4. Leukemia causes more deaths than any other cancer among children and young adults under the age of 20.
5. Let's find a cure. If not for them, for you. It might not be you today, but it could be or someone you know tomorrow.