To conquer this disease. We need to be positive, proactive and optimistic. HNF is raising money for research to develop gene and other successful therapies to treat and CURE this disease.
People-Centered. Cure-Driven. The Hereditary Neuropathy Foundation.
HNF has developed an innovative research program called the Therapeutic Research in Accelerated Discovery (TRIAD) program. The TRIAD program is designed to encourage cutting-edge research at a progressive pace while addressing the specific needs of people with CMT. We have identified our research priorities as research that will lead to improved therapies for people living with CMT (Clinical Therapeutics), research that will lead to a greater understanding of CMT (Basic Science), and research that has considerable potential for a cure for CMT (Drug Discovery). The TRIAD program promotes accelerated discovery by establishing a collaborative
1. CMT disease is a group of progressive disorders that affect the peripheral nerves.Therefore the muscles begin to atrophy.
2. This disease affects an estimated 2.6 million people in the world.
3. Groundbreaking research is being solely funded by HNF at USC and UC Davis and directed by Dr. David Pleasure
4. With the proper funding and support, we can and will find a cure for Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease.
5. Find out more on the Hereditary Neuropathy Foundation website: www.hnf-cure.org