Connecting People & Coastal Resources
Going Coastal, Inc. is seeking support for our successful and EPA Award winning program. Together with your help, we can continue and expand our mission. We promote awareness and understanding of the immense value of coastal resources. Through the efforts of our volunteers and information initiatives, we encourage adults and children to appreciate, enjoy, and preserve it.
A small, all-volunteer organization, Going Coastal is highly effective for its size implementing a steady stream of useful programs.
Our shoreline access guidebook, “Going Coastal New York City” received the 2005 EPA Environmental Quality Award.
In 2008, we designed and produced the NYC Water Trail Map & Guide showing legal launch sites for kayakers.
1. Foster stewardship, conservation and preservation of the waterfront & coastal environment
2. Increased public access to urban coasts
3. Preservation of maritime heritage
4. Raising awareness of the coast’s immense value
5. Promote safe and responsible enjoyment of our shores