No War on Iran, Bring the Troops Home, Bring the National Guard Home (It's the Law!), Bring the Money Home
Who We Are:
Cities for Peace is building a network of local elected officials who are working to highlight the local costs of U.S. foreign policy and to put pressure on the U.S. government to end the war in Iraq, prevent a military strike against Iran, and press for a non-militarized foreign policy.
What We Do:
- We facilitate local resolution campaigns that make the connections between local communities, our nation and our world.
- We provide educational materials, help with national press and framework and networking to experts.
- We host other local campaigns in need of a national framework. Please, send us your templates!
What People Have Said in Support of Our Positions:
The National Guard:
"It is clear that the mission that Congress authorized no longer exists. The President has no current or permanent legal authority to keep Guard members in Iraq. The Governor as Commander-in-Chief of the Vermont National Guard should take necessary steps to bring them home."
~ Rep. Michael Fisher, Vermont State House
“The Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. said that 'we must learn to live together as brothers or we will surely perish together as fools.' It is time to talk to Iran. All it takes to begin is one 'Hello.'"
~ Congresswoman Barbara Lee
"We have a long and rich tradition in our country of citizens expressing their opinion on national and international issues at the local level. It certainly gives voice to the citizens, far more than they feel they have at the federal level. It educates the public. It educates the media. It educates the lawmakers."
~ Karen Dolan, Director, Cities for Peace
YOU CAN VIEW OUR RESOLUTION TOOLKITS HERE:
1. We support ending the war in Iraq.
2. We support bringing the National Guard back home.
3. We oppose a military strike against Iran.
4. We support empowering grassroot efforts to make our voice heard across the nation.