I am here to raise awareness and the affects that rodenticides cause in animals and children. Not only do they harm innocent lives they also can destroy a life.
Americus was my ultimate best friend. Yes, she was a K-9, the most loyal K-9 I have ever owned. She was 7 years young when I received the phone call from my PETS vet. My vet has stated that Americus has some how ingested rodenticides, me not knowing what that was asked her to explain it to me. In which she did. Rat poisoning, all I could think of was where on this big green earth did she get rat poison from?? I am the mother of my 3 year old son, my 6 month old daughter, 3 fur- dog babies and 2 fur ferret babies... I don't have Rat poison in my house nor any where NEAR IT! The emotions that ran through my body are indescribable... Sad, angry, confused... So many I cant even explain all of them... 4 long days have gone by, no sleep, cant eat, constantly searching the internet for statistics on whether or not my dog is going to survive or not, reading what rodenticides are actually made up of.. Then I started searching what it does to your body when its ingested... I panic, I am angered that our local stores actually sell this garbage, I'm taken back that as much research as I have done, there was nobody really fighting to have this stuff banned. So here I am, In memory of Americus, My best friend, my fur daughter. I will fight tooth and nail, I am determined to make this poison known for its actions. I may not be able to convince every person that this is dangerous and inhumane, but if I can convince just one its a start. Rodenticides were half the reason my dog left me and slipped over the rainbow. Now it is my job to bring awareness to individuals, like you to help you understand that this poison is harmful and lethal to innocent animals and people.