Annual Sustaining Membership Drive (ASMD)
April, May, June 2013
Who Are We? Visit us at www.npien.com
· Founded in 2001, we are a nonprofit organization that supports Pacific Islander students in their pursuit of higher education. Only one out of ten Pacific Islanders graduate from college, making your support very significant.
· We organize an annual education conference, mentoring/guest speaker visits to schools, a resource website for parents, students, and teachers, and a student scholarship program to educate and inspire our students on how to go to college.
· We have chapters in Greater Los Angeles, Northern California, and Ventura County California.
What Have We Done Lately?
· Our Mentoring/Guest Speaker Program takes place from February to June 2013.
· Visit us on Facebook for more information and photos.
· NPIEN Members have spoken in classrooms, at lunch assemblies, and after-school programs, with 503 student attendees to date.
What About Your Golf Tournament on May 17th?
· We Still Have Room for Golfers: $400 for a Foursome, $125 for Individuals
· If you join as a Sustaining Member by May 6, 2013, you can sponsor a golf team. The team then receives additional tickets for our golf tournament major and general raffles. As a new member, you will also be eligible for some of the raffles.
How Much Does it Cost? What Do We Get?
· Sustaining Membership is $25. You receive a $15 discount on admission to our annual education conference on November 2, 2013, and are also entered in our general golf raffle.
· Your donation supports the annual conference, mentoring visits to schools, and provides grants and scholarships to students
Teachers and school personnel should consider speaking to your respective school/school district about using funds such as Title I or other school improvement funds to join NPIEN and register for the annual conference. Visit us at www.npien.com