We build healthy communities by helping families and individuals achieve financial independence and long-term self-sufficiency
We are a full-service anti-poverty organization that serves diverse low-income community members of all races, religions, and cultural backgrounds
Lao Family has been providing comprehensive services to diverse "hard to serve" communities for over 30 years.
We serve low-income families, refugees, immigrants, asylees, limited-English, welfare recipients, ex-offenders, survivors of domestic violence, teen parents, the elderly and more.
We serve over 10,000 clients per year, from our offices in East Oakland, San Pablo, and Sacramento. Our staff speak over 25 languages.
Our services include:
- Job search, training, and placement for adults and youth
- Rental, Homebuying, and Foreclosure counseling
- Financial Education and Coaching
- Tax prep assistance
- Citizenship Assistance
- Cultural Orientation for new refugees
- Translation and Interpretation
- Youth Empowerment and Leadership Development
- Elder Wellness
- Parenting Education
- Healthy Marriage Education
- Domestic Violence Prevention
- Mental Health Outreach
- Crime Victim Assistance
1. Explore who are are and what we do at www.LFCD.org