Raising money for the National Foundation for Ectodermal Dysplasias via a fundraising contest where the top donors decide how I cut my hair and beard, determining my "follicle fate"
My name is Sean Vora, and I was born with a rare genetic disorder called hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia (HED). Due to this disorder, I am unable to sweat, have scant hair, and grew up with sparse teeth.
Recently, while growing my hair out for an HED research project with Edimer Pharmaceuticals, I decided to create a fundraising contest to benefit the National Foundation for Ectodermal Dysplasias, with 100% of proceeds go to this charity to support their mission of helping families with treatment, research, and scholarships!
THE GRAND PRIZE:
The top two individual donors (no companies) during the fundraising period get to decide my "folilicle fate" by choosing haircuts for my hair and beard, and then I get to showcase their masterpieces publicly. And more!
THE FUNDRAISING CONTEST - is Over!
*** Started May 18, 2011 and ended at 11:59PM, PST on JULY 31, 2011.
Here are a set of fundraising milestones that determine how long I wear the winning hairstyle and beard style in public:
Milestone (Total $ Raised)
• $100 = 1 hour of showcasing the winning hairstyle and beard style in public
• $101 - $499 = 1 additional hour for every $100
• $500 = 10 hours of showcasing the winning hairstyle and beard
• $501 - $999 = 1 additional hour for every $100
• $1000 = 1 day of showcasing the winning hairstyle and beard
• $1001 - $4999 = 1 additional day for every $1000
• $5000+ = 1 week of showcasing the winning hairstyle and beard