to change the way that mental health services for young people are delivered
Being a young Australian today is tough. And getting the right help if you need it or simply feeling comfortable enough to talk to someone if you are having problems is not easy.
In 2006 Mission Australia surveyed 15,000 young people between 11 and 24 and mental health was the top issue of concern for young Australians.
headspace: Australia’s new Youth Mental Health Foundation has launched a national campaign to encourage young people to think about their own mental health as a first step to getting help if needed.
headspace is changing the way that services for young people are delivered and is:
• Established 40 headspace services in communities across Australia. These centres offer help to young people with mental health and drug and alcohol issues.
• Providing young people with access to a range of services in a youth-friendly environment including online counselling and support via eheadspace.org.au
• Encouraging young people and their families to get help earlier through raising awareness in the community about mental health.
• Building the capacity of professionals who work with young people through the provision of information and training.
Users are reminded that this headspace Facebook Cause page is governed by the Faceboook Terms and Conditions. Posts which contravene these terms will be deleted for the safety and enjoyment of all members.
Specific terms which must be adhered to when using this Group site include:
o Do not upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any content that we deem to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable
o Do not upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that, in the sole judgment of Company, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site, or which may expose Company or its users to any harm or liability of any type
o Do not upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law.
1. headspace is educating young people that there are solutions to the problems they face
2. headspace is providing young people with access to a range of services in a youth-friendly environment
3. OUR FACEBOOK GROUP IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH SOMEONE OR FIND A HEADSPACE CENTRE visit www.headspace.org.au
4. If you need to talk to someone straight away call one of the following: Kids Help Line 1800 55 1800 or Lifeline 13 11 14