Ten good reasons to say no to electroshock
1) 'ECT' is oppressive, violent and undermines the integrity and dignity of people.
2) Research shows the ineffectiveness of electroshock.
3) Vulnerable people who can not say "No" such as the elderly are given this experimental "treatment".
4) 'ECT' causes deaths.
5) 'ECT' causes brain damage.
6) 'ECT' causes permanent memory loss.
7) 'ECT' leads to learning disabilities and intellectual deficits .
8 ) Adverse reactions to 'ECT' are numerous: confusion, headache, weakness, insomnia.
9 )' ECT' does not improve people's health.
10) 'ECT's effectiveness is disputed within the scientific community.