is gathering 10 signatures to
Limit Congressional Pay And Benefits
How can I teach our children about our special government, with its checks and balance system, and how it is a government of the people, by the people, and for the people, when it clearly is none of these. We need to fix Congress:
1. No Tenure / No Pension. A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they're out of office.
2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement returns to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
4. A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they're out of office.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void effective 12/31/14. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen/women made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go.
8. Congress will no longer pass bills in violation of the Constitution such as HR 347 removing our right to protest when secret service agents are present.
10 Donna's goal