To raise funds for crisis intervention and legal advocacy services for survivors through SAFE, Inc.
Survivors and Advocates for Empowerment (SAFE), Inc. provides crisis intervention, legal advocacy, and supportive services to domestic violence survivors in the Washington, DC metro area. For more information about SAFE, please visit www.dcsafe.org.
1. SAFE assists approximately 6,000 domestic violence survivors each year.
2. In 2011, the Metropolitan Police Department received 31,140 domestic-related crime calls.
3. In 2011, DC Superior Court's Domestic Violence Intake Center (DVIC) was visited by 5,401 survivors seeking assistance in getting legal protection.
4. SAFE is the only domestic violence organization in DC that can provide immediate crisis shelter 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
5. In 2011, SAFE provided emergency shelter to 360 adults and 435 children.