To ensure individuals with Down syndrome in Massachusetts are valued, included, and given the opportunities to pursue fulfilling lives.
The MDSC is committed to ensuring that individuals with Down syndrome in Massachusetts are valued, included, and given opportunities to pursue fulfilling lives.
We provide a wealth of information and resources about Down syndrome for self-advocates, parents, educators, healthcare professionals and the community-at-large. Through the MDSC you can participate in our Advocates in Motion initiatives, our Annual Conference, our Education Task Force or our Buddy Walk program. If you are an excited but nervous expectant parent, a parent of a school-age child, a teacher trying to grapple with the requirements of Special Education law, or a doctor or nurse looking to better serve a patient with Down syndrome, we can help.
This is an exciting time of growth and dynamism for the MDSC. Our organization is taking bold steps to revitalize our mission and strengthen our programs and services for all constituents. We are expanding our reach and seeking to further cement our reputation as the preeminent organization in Massachusetts for information, networking, and advocacy for and about Down syndrome.
We have done this by:
• Enabling networking and supports
• Providing a clearinghouse of information about Down Syndrome resources and advocacy
• Advocating for improved education, community inclusion, and employment
• Better educating the public about Down syndrome
• Empowering people to become effective self-advocates
• Ensuring that people with Down syndrome have access to high quality primary and secondary education
• Ensuring that people with Down syndrome have access to high quality medical services and research.
• Ensuring that adults with Down syndrome have access to employment and other opportunities.
Here at the MDSC, we recognize and celebrate our past successes. At the same time, we are focused squarely on a brighter future, knowing that Massachusetts still has a long way to go to ensure that every person in the state with Down syndrome has the chance to live a valued, integrated and fulfilled life.