NORD is committed to the identification, treatment, and cure of rare disorders through programs of education, advocacy, research, and service.
The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of individuals and patient organizations, providing legislative advocacy, research support, educational services, and patient assistance programs on behalf of the rare disease community.
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) report that there are nearly 7,000 such diseases affecting nearly 30 million Americans.
Together, we can make real change for these patients, but we need your help!
• Join our cause – It takes just a moment and it’s totally free
• Show your support – After you join, you can feature the cause on your profile, invite your friends to join, and post messages of support
• Donate – Your financial support shows your commitment to eliminating rare diseases and giving patients the resources they need
1. Information about rare diseases
2. Support for patient organizations
3. Advocacy for the rare disease community
4. Patient assistance programs