To utilize the fashion, entertainment, and sports industries as its vehicle to reduce demand for Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children.
Drop Dead Gorgeous (DDG) is a social justice organization, which utilizes the fashion, entertainment, and sports industries as its vehicle to reduce demand for Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children (CSEC). DDG recognizes the tremendous amount of influence these industries have over culture, and aspires to harness their influence in order to begin a global movement to reduce demand for CSEC through awareness, education, and giving. DDG is a 100% volunteer organization that donates 80% of their proceeds towards local restoration homes aiding CSEC survivors.
In addition to raising awareness and reducing demand, DDG partners with like-minded direct-service organizations dedicated to impacting the issue through intervention and restoration. As a result, a portion of proceeds from our fundraising efforts are contributed to local/national/international restoration facilities, and the anti-trafficking efforts of local/state/federal law enforcement.
HOW CAN I HELP?
1) EDUCATION- read a book, watch a movie, attend a lecture...
2) AWARENESS- lobby for change within your own government... write officials, contact the media, host an event...
3) GIVING- donate finances, goods, or services to the organizations within your community that are actively involved in the issue...
Contact us directly with questions or comments on all of the above... just make an impact!
For more information, please visit www.ddgcharity.org.
1. Human trafficking is a modern-day form of slavery, and there are more slaves than ever before in human history.
2. After drug dealing, human trafficking is tied w/ the illegal arms industry as the 2nd largest criminal industry in the world today.
3. 600,000 to 800,000 people are trafficked across international borders annually, 80% of victims are female, and up to 50% are minors.