The mission of the Cleveland International Film Festival is to promote artistically and culturally significant film arts though education and exhibition to enrich the life of the community.
The Cleveland International Film Festival (CIFF) is a leader in helping the world discover the power of the film arts to educate, entertain and celebrate the human experience.
Founded in 1977, the CIFF is Ohio’s premier film event and features over 300 films originating from close to 60 countries. Visiting filmmakers, panel discussions, and student screenings are all CIFF highlights.
1. Set high standards for quality film education and exhibition, placing artistic and cultural merit above commercial appeal;
2. Foster understanding and appreciation of diverse cultures and values;
3. Work collaboratively to broaden access to quality film arts;
4. Cultivate an innovative and forward-thinking organization;
5. Promote among board, staff, and volunteers a work environment based on integrity, professionalism, teamwork, trust, and respect.