Conserve, restore, and manage wetlands for North America's waterfowl.
Since its inception in 1937, Ducks Unlimited has conserved more acres (11.6 million) of waterfowl habitat in North America than any other conservation organization. DU has over one million supporters and is the world's largest and most effective private waterfowl and wetlands conservation organization, with ongoing projects throughout the Americas.
Despite these efforts, the United States has lost over half of its original wetlands and continues to lose 80,000 acres annually of vegetated wetlands that are critically important to over 900 wildlife species. DU needs your support to continue preserving and restoring the wetland ecosystems that purify groundwater, moderate floods, reduce soil erosion, and provide invaluable recreational opportunities.
As John Wayne said: While others are telling us what we can't do, DU has been showing us what we can do.
1. Conserve North America's waterfowl and wetlands.
2. Treat people and wildlife with respect.
3. Make science-based decisions about conservation.
4. Value and enjoy the sport and heritage of hunting.
5. Work together toward common goals and values.
6. Commit at least 80% of resources to conservation.