Help those in need access help and support those who suffer from depression or who have been left behind
Suicide: A word that no one likes to hear. Having a friend or family member take their life, leaves an empty hole of unanswered questions.
Depression is still heavily stigmatized in society, programs need to be visible to help those obtain the help they need.
* More people die by suicide each day than every person that died in the Sept 9-11 attacks.
* Suicide is the second (Canada) and third (USA) leading cause of death for youth between the ages of 10 and 24.
* By the age of 18, 1 in 20 youth will have made a suicide attempt.
* Someone dies by suicide every 40 seconds
* For every teen that dies by suicide, 400 report attempting suicide.
We have setup this cause to have some subsections in order to help people find the resources they require.
Due to the sensitive nature of the subject matter, we ask that you use the above groups if applicable.
If you are currently in crisis,
call 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
Samaritans UK 08457 90 90 90 (UK) 1850 60 90 90 (ROI) http://www.samaritans.org
Malaysia contact 03 - 7958144/45
Australia call LifeLine 13 11 14 or in Victoria - Suicide Help Line 1300 651 251.
* Suicide Survivors Group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2380414449
* Take the pledge to break the silence: http://www.breaksilence.com
* Help educate others through your experience: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4138613787
**PLEASE NOTE:ENDORSEMENTS AND VIEWS. The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of the authors on the forum board are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Creator and Administrators of the Cause.
1. Suicide Prevention Is key
2. Mental Health Is very Real, and needs to be recognized and Support and Awareness Raised.
3. Support is key
The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) is the leading national not-for-profit organization exclusively dedicated to understanding and preventing suicide through research, education and advocacy, and to reaching out to people with mental disorders and those impacted by suicide.