This bill would direct the President to investigate "sanctionable activities" related to North Korea any time the U.S. government receives credible intelligence. The bill lays out a comprehensive list of sanctionable offenses that can apply to any person, business entity, government entity, or nongovernment entity that deals with North Korea.
- Helping North Korea get nuclear, radiological, chemical or biological weapons and weapon systems;
- Helping North Korea export or import defense equipment and services;
- Exporting luxury goods to North Korea;
- Assisting North Korea in procuring, buying, leasing, registering or reflagging any type of transportation vehicle used to import or export goods that facilitate unlawful activities;
- Engaging in any kind of property transaction with the government of North Korea that would facilitate unlawful activity or evade other regulations;
- Committing or helping North Korea commit human rights abuse.