Like Causes?

Install the App
TRY NOW

house Bill H.R. 6079

Microloan Improvement Act of 2020

Bill Details

Official information provided by the Congressional Research Service. Learn more or make a suggestion.
The Congressional Research Service writes summaries for most legislation. These summaries are listed here. Causes will update some legislation with a revised summary, title or other key elements.

Suggest an update to this bill using our form.

Title

Microloan Improvement Act of 2020

Official Title

To amend the Small Business Act to optimize the operations of the microloan program, lower costs for small business concerns and intermediary participants in the program, and for other purposes.

Summary

Microloan Improvement Act of 2020 This bill revises the microloan program through which the Small Business Administration (SBA) provides, through designated intermediaries, certain financial assistance to small businesses. Specifically, the bill raises the limit on the aggregate amount for loans the SBA makes to an intermediary participating in the microloan program. Further, the bill (1) authorizes an intermediary to offer a line of credit to a small business, (2) increases the average amount for loans from an intermediary to participating small businesses that makes the intermediary eligible for a reduced interest rate on SBA loans, and (3) makes certain intermediaries eligible to receive a 5% technical assistance grant. The bill also places limits on the repayment term for a microloan, and it prohibits the SBA from imposing any additional limitation on the term for repayment of a microloan. The SBA must reserve 15% of new loan funds that are made available for disbursement as microloans to designated underutilized states and make the remaining 85% available for any state.

bill Progress


  • Not enacted
    The President has not signed this bill
  • The senate has not voted
  • The house has not voted
    IntroducedMarch 4th, 2020

    There are currently no opinions on this bill, be the first to add one!