This bill would require the Secretary of Health and Human Services to put together a report "assessing how patient access to medications could be
adversely impacted by Federal and State law enforcement
activities," and identify "how collaboration between [drug enforcement] agencies and
stakeholders can benefit patients and prevent diversion and
abuse of controlled substances." The report will incorporate feedback from a workgroup comprised of
(1) Patient groups.
(3) Manufacturers of drugs.
(4) Common or contract carriers and warehousemen.
(5) Hospitals, physicians, and other health care providers.
(6) State attorneys general.
(7) Law enforcement officials, including local law
(8) Health benefit plans and entities that provide pharmacy
benefit management services on behalf of a health benefit plan.
(9) Wholesale drug distributors.