- larubia 11/20/2023
I'm always thrilled with turkey pardons! (Tofurkey on the menu at my home).
Thanks, President Biden.
- Hillcruiser74 11/21/2023
What a pointless tradition with everything else going on in the world. I am fairly certain some other turkey will be served at the White House.
- John 11/21/2023
To me this is more important; things I'm sick of seeing in 2023 – Donald Trump,
Ron DeSantis, Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift. If I hear anymore about these people I might just throw up on my shoes. Make it stop.
- LeslieG 11/21/2023
Interesting history of giving the White House turkeys often for publicity, and then pardoning the turkeys. Some say it began with Lincoln though the authenticity is doubtful, while others credit Truman as the 1st though he may have only taken pictures with the turkeys.
I was curious where all the pardoned turkeys ended up.
1) Nixons sent the turkeys to Oxon Hill Children’s Farm
2) Carters sent the turkeys to Evans Farm Inn to live in a mini zoo.
3) Reagans made the practice of sending the turkeys to a farm the norm
4) Bushs sent their Turkeys to a near by children's farm
5) Obamas sent their turkeys to Virginia Tech to be be cared for by veterinarians and students of Virginia Tech’s Animal and Poultry Sciences Department at “Gobbler's Rest” in Blacksburg, Virginia.
6) Trumps turkeys were sent to Iowa State University.
7) Bidens turkeys will be sent to the University of Minnesota’s College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences.
- Jim2423 11/21/2023
I guess this has to make some people over joyed. Just about important as ground hog day.
- DaveS 11/27/2023
The selling of pardons by Trump, the turkey would be hosed under Trump it requires $2 million a pop!
You are assuming that people did want the babies and assuming it's because of Roe v. Wade? It could be due to Obamacare, better medical coverage, minimum wage increases, better living conditions, there are so many reasons for increasing numbers in red states, but this is Cherry picking data. Usually it's because of living conditions!
- DaveS 11/22/2023
Joe Biden that fault for the economy for costing less, lowering the deficit, gas prices coming down, cost less for thanksgiving, no recession and stock market is up. Jim Jordan is piss, the impeachment not going well, republicans have no plans, can't show one thing they help the American people as the party of no and no way!
- Tammy 11/21/2023
i think its great and how it got started is funny and the fact they stay in the white house makes me laugh keep it up its a great fun tradition that everyone can enjoy
- DaveS 11/21/2023
Trump is changing his name to liberty or Bell, if it doesn't pan out in 2024.
- 530 East Hunt Highway 11/21/2023
Totally stupid, totally traditional..... leave tradition alone
- Martha 11/21/2023
It adds a bit of levity that is sorely missing in today's political climate. As long as Biden restricts his pardon to the feathered turkeys and not the un-feathered one known as Donald Fucking Trump. With Trump just lock his sorry ass up for the rest of his miserable life.