India Overwhelmed by COVID-19 ‘Tsunami’ – Here’s How You Can Help
Click below to donate to Give India
by Causes | 4.26.21
Indian hospitals turn away patients in COVID-19 ‘tsunami’
- Indian hospitals are running out of oxygen as the country continues to be devastated by a second wave of coronavirus.
- India recently surpassed the devastating milestone of more than 352,991new COVID-19 cases in a single day.
- The situation is particularly dire in the nation's capital of New Delhi, which is experiencing one COVID-19 death in just under every four minutes. Crematoriums are over-capacity and asking grieving families to wait; some have melted from near-constant use.
- The Delhi high court is pleading with the government to make emergency arrangements for medical supplies:
"It's a tsunami. How are we trying to build capacity?"
How to help
- This Google Doc provides a crowdsourced list of plasma donors, oxygen-cylinder suppliers, medicine suppliers, and hospital bed availability.
- GiveIndia helps Indian families devastated by COVID-19.
- UNICEF India is providing aid to affected children.
- Feeding From Far is distributing ration kits to daily wage workers across Mumbai.
- Helping Hands Charitable Trust is providing ration and cooked meals to daily wage workers in Maharashtra and Gujarat.
- Making The Difference is working closely with public hospitals and nursing homes in Mumbai to provide life-saving healthcare equipment and supplies.
Homeland Security Committee Reaches Deal on Bipartisan Commission to Investigate January 6th Capitol AttackWhat’s the story? The Democratic and Republican leaders of the House Homeland Security Committee on Friday announced an
by Causes | 5.14.21
IT: Border apprehensions remained high in April, and... Is a lottery jackpot for COVID vaccine recipients a good idea?Welcome to Friday, May 14th, folks...U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) released its operational statistics for the month
by Causes | 5.14.21
Border Apprehensions Continued at Historic Pace in AprilWhat’s the story? U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) released its operational statistics for the month of April on
by Causes | 5.13.21