House Democrats to Take Up Immigration Bills & ERA Ratification Extension While Senate Considers Cabinet Nominees
How do you feel about this week’s congressional schedule?
What’s happening in Congress?
- Congress returns this week with the House set to consider a pair of immigration bills, legislation to protect women from domestic violence, extend the ratification deadline for the Equal Rights Amendment, and prevent automatic budget cuts triggered by Democrats’ recently enacted spending package. Meanwhile, the Senate will continue to fill Cabinet vacancies.
- After this work week, the House is expected to go on recess from floor for work for three weeks, while the Senate will be in session for another week prior to a two week recess.
- The Senate starts its week Monday with a confirmation vote on the nomination of Rep. Deb Haaland (D-NM) to serve as Secretary of the Interior.
- The rest of its week is expected to be focused on nominations, with possible votes on the nominations of Isabel Guzman to be Administrator of the Small Business Administration, Katherine Tai to be U.S. Trade Representative, and Xavier Becerra to be Secretary of Health and Human Services.
- Committees will hold hearings on the impact of COVID-19 in nursing homes, strategic competition with China, and preventing forced labor in supply chains.
- The House will start its week on Tuesday, and as of Sunday hasn’t broken down the day-by-day schedule. Over the course of the week, lawmakers are expected to consider 28 relatively bipartisan bills under the fast-track “suspension of the rules” process which requires a supermajority for passage.
- The House is expected to consider legislation to provide a pathway to citizenship “Dreamers” and other groups along with a bill to establish work visas for non-citizen farm workers.
- It will also take up legislation to eliminate the deadline for the ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment, reauthorize programs to prevent violence against women, and prevent automatic spending cuts triggered by the enactment of Democrats’ $1.9 trillion spending bill.
- Committees will hold hearings on the future of homeland security policy, short-selling and retail investors, and an inclusive post-pandemic economy.
Check below throughout the week to see the vote results and updates to the schedule.
Schedule subject to change. All times Eastern.
Monday after 5:30pm
- Confirmation of Deb Haaland as Secretary of the Interior Confirmed 50-41.
Tuesday after 12pm
- Cloture motion on the nomination of Isabel Guzman to be Administrator of the Small Business Administration Invoked 80-18.
- Confirmation of Isabel Guzman as Administrator of the Small Business Administration Confirmed 81-17.
- Cloture motion on the nomination of Katherine Tai to be U.S. Trade Representative Invoked 98-0.
Wednesday after 11:30am
- Confirmation of Katherine Tai as U.S. Trade Representative Confirmed 98-0.
- Cloture motion on the nomination of Xavier Becerra to be Secretary of Health and Human Services Invoked 50-49.
Thursday after 10am
- Confirmation of Xavier Becerra as Secretary of Health and Human Services Confirmed 50-49.
- Cloture motion on the nomination of Marty Walsh to be Secretary of Labor Invoked 68-30.
- Confirmation of William Burns as Director of the Central Intelligence Agency Confirmed by voice vote.
Tuesday after 6:30pm
- H.R. 485: Stronger Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act Passed 345-73.
- H.R. 1799: PPP Extension Act Passed 415-3.
- H.R. 1085: To award three congressional gold medals to the United States Capitol Police and those who protected the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021 Vote postponed.
- H.R. 1651: COVID–19 Bankruptcy Relief Extension Act of 2021 Vote postponed.
- H.R. 1652: VOCA Fix to Sustain the Crime Victims Fund Act of 2021 Vote postponed.
Wednesday after 10am
- H.J.Res. 17: Removing the Deadline for Ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment Passed 222-204.
- H.R. 1620: Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act Passed 244-172.
- H.R. 1085: To award three congressional gold medals to the United States Capitol Police and those who protected the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021 Passed 413-12.
- H.R. 1652: VOCA Fix to Sustain the Crime Victims Fund Act of 2021
- H.R. 1651: COVID–19 Bankruptcy Relief Extension Act of 2021 Passed 399-14.
Thursday after 12pm
- H.R. 6: American Dream and Promise Act Passed 228-197.
- H.R. 1603: Farm Workforce Modernization Act Passed 247-174.
- H.R. 1112: Protect Democracy in Burma Act of 2021, as amended Passed by voice vote.
- H.Res. 134: Condemning the military coup that took place on February 1, 2021, in Burma and the Burmese military detention of civilian leaders, calling for the release of all those detained and for those elected to serve in Parliament to resume their duties, and for other purposes Vote postponed.
- Motion to table privileged resolution H.Res. 324: Removing Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA) from the House Intelligence Committee Tabled 218-200.
Friday between 9am and 3pm
- H.R. 1868: To prevent across-the-board direct spending cuts, and for other purposes
- H.Res. 134: Condemning the military coup that took place on February 1, 2021, in Burma and the Burmese military detention of civilian leaders, calling for the release of all those detained and for those elected to serve in Parliament to resume their duties, and for other purposes
- H.R. 1528: Promoting Transparent Standards for Corporate Insiders Act
- Senate Amendment to H.R. 1276: VA VACCINE Act of 2021
- H.R. 1502: Microloan Improvement Act of 2021
- H.R. 1487: Microloan Transparency and Accountability Act of 2021
- H.R. 1490: 504 Modernization and Small Manufacturer Enhancement Act of 2021
- H.R. 1482: 504 Credit Risk Management Improvement Act of 2021
- H.R. 1602: Eliminate Barriers to Innovation Act of 2021
- H.R. 1395: Housing Financial Literacy Act of 2021
- H.R. 1532: Improving FHA Support for Small Dollar Mortgages Act of 2021
- H.R. 1491: Fair Debt Collection for Servicemembers Act
- H.R. 1565: Senior Security Act of 2021
- H.R. 172: United States Anti-Doping Agency Reauthorization Act of 2021
- S. 578: FASTER Act of 2021
- H.R. 189: John Lewis NIMHD Research Endowment Revitalization Act of 2021
- H.R. 941: TRANSPLANT Act of 2021
- S. 164: Advancing Education on Biosimilars Act of 2021
- S. 415: To amend the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act with respect to the scope of new chemical exclusivity
- H.R. 1215: Fraud and Scam Reduction Act
- H.R. 1460: Nicholas and Zachary Burt Memorial Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Prevention Act of 2021
- H.R. 446: Protecting Seniors from Emergency Scams
- H.R. 1762: Protecting Indian Tribes from Scams Act
- H.R. 1766: FTC Collaboration Act of 2021
- H.R. 1002: DEBAR Act of 2021, as amended
- H.R. __: Ensuring Compliance Against Drug Diversion Act of 2021
Tell your reps how to vote on this week's bills and share your thoughts below!
— Eric Revell
Cut Emissions To Save Lives and Catastrophe, Urgently Warns New UN Climate ReportWhat’s the story? A new climate report from the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) says the planet is on read more... Environment
Watch & Comment: TikTok CEO Testifies Before the House Energy and Commerce CommitteeWhat's the story? On March 22, TikTok CEO Shou Zi Chew is due to appear before Congress to testify on the app's consumer privacy read more... China
Biden Urges Congress to Pass Legislation Regulating BanksWhat’s the story? President Biden has asked Congress to pass legislation granting financial regulators new powers to enforce read more... Deficits & Debt
Lunchables Will Soon Be Sold in School CafeteriasWhat’s the story? Lunchables will be sold in school cafeterias starting this fall as the product is updated to comply with read more... Families
By following this simple steps on this website, you can bring from $5000-$8000 of extra income every month...All you need is a computer and a internet connection and you are ready to start. Learn how to make a steady income for yourself on following web address...>>>>>> www.Nifty2.com
Google pay 82$ per hour my last pay check was $8500 working 100 hours a week online. My younger brother friend has been averaging 13k for months now and he works about 24 hours a week. I cant believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is what I do.. click at this go to tech tab for more details…>>>>>>>>> www.Nifty2.com