Pelosi Announces '9/11-Type' Commission on Capitol Riot - Do You Support It?
Do you support a '9/11-type' commission on the Capitol riot?
by Causes | 2.15.21
What's the story?
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) has announced plans for the creation of an outside and independent "9/11-type commission" to investigate "the facts and causes" related to the deadly attack on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.
"To protect our security, our security, our security, our next step will be to establish an outside, independent 9/11-type Commission to 'investigate and report on the facts and causes relating to the January 6, 2021, domestic terrorist attack upon the United States Capitol Complex,'" Pelosi wrote in a letter to House Democrats.
- Pelosi said initial reporting from retired Army Lt. Gen. Russel Honoré, who has "been assessing our security needs by reviewing what happened on January 6 and how we must ensure that it does not happen again," highlighted the need for such an investigation.
- Earlier on Monday, House Republicans sent a letter to Pelosi suggesting she may be responsible for delays in deploying National Guard troops ahead of - and during - the insurrection.
- "Five weeks have passed since the January 6th attack on the Capitol building, and many important questions about your responsibility for the security of the Capitol remain unanswered," their letter reads.
- The letter does not mention Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), who was majority leader at the time of the riot and also had a say in Capitol security.
Should the Voting Age Be Lowered to 16 for Federal Elections?What’s the story?The House on Wednesday voted to reject an amendment to the For the People Act (H.R. 1) offered by Rep. Ayanna
by Causes | 3.3.21
IT: For the People Act passes House, Ending the exotic animal trade, & 🚌 Should schools re-open for in-person learning?Welcome to Thursday, March 4th, fractions and wholes...The House has passed the For the People Act, H.R.1, a sweeping voting
by Causes | 3.4.21
IT: Texas lifting mask mandate, Dr. Seuss going vamoose 📚, & Should felons be allowed to vote?Welcome to Wednesday, March 3rd, long and short-sleeves...Texas Governor Greg Abbott (R) has announced plans to lift the state’s
by Causes | 3.3.21