Senate to Join House on Recess Following Trump’s Second Impeachment Acquittal
How do you feel about this week’s congressional schedule?
by This Week in Congress | 2.14.21
What’s happening in Congress?
- The Senate will join the House on recess this week having concluded the second impeachment trial of former President Donald Trump with his acquittal on Saturday.
- While no floor votes are expected in either chamber during the President’s Day district work period, discussions will continue offstage regarding a coronavirus (COVID-19) relief package that is likely to receive votes later this month.
- The Senate Banking Committee is scheduled to hold a hearing on how to facilitate an “equitable recovery” from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Senate is scheduled to return on Monday, February 22nd, when it will conduct the annual reading of George Washington’s Farewell Address and take a procedural vote on Biden’s nominee to be ambassador to the United Nations.
- The House Financial Services Committee will hold a hearing on Gamestop and the role of short-sellers, social media, and retail investors.
- Subcommittees will hold hearings on legislation to provide reparations and on the child care crisis amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The House is scheduled to return on Monday, February 22nd, and its schedule for that week is yet to be announced.
Check below throughout the week to see the vote results and updates to the schedule.
Schedule subject to change. All times Eastern.
- No votes are expected.
- The House is scheduled to return for floor business on Monday, February 22nd.
- No votes are expected.
- The Senate is scheduled to return for floor business on Monday, February 22nd.
Tell your reps how to vote on this week's bills and share your thoughts below!
— Eric Revell
House to Take Up COVID Relief Package & ‘Equality Act’ While Senate Confirms Cabinet NomineesWhat’s happening in Congress?Congress returns from recess this week with the House expected to take up Democrats’ coronavirus
by This Week in Congress | 2.23.21
Senate to Begin Trump’s Second Impeachment Trial, Committees Start Drafting Reconciliation BillWhat’s happening in Congress? The Senate is set to begin the second impeachment trial of former President Donald Trump this
by This Week in Congress | 2.8.21
Congress to Consider Democrats’ Budget Resolution, Biden Cabinet PicksWhat’s happening in Congress? Congress is expected to spend this week focused on Democrats’ budget resolution for FY2021, which
by This Week in Congress | 2.5.21