Mask Mandate: Biden Signs Order Requiring Masks on Federal Property
Do you support Biden's mask mandate?
by Causes | 1.20.21
What's the story?
- In one of his first actions as president, Joe Biden signed a mask mandate requiring face masks be worn in all federal buildings, on federal lands, and by federal employees and contractors. This includes places like national parks, trains, buses, and planes.
- Biden's order also includes a "100 Days Masking Challenge," encouraging Americans to commit to wearing a face covering for the first 100 days of his administration.
- It was one of fifteen executive orders Biden signed on his first day in office, which also included rejoining the Paris climate accord and a removal of Trump's travel ban affecting Muslim-majority countries.
- “It's requiring, as I said all along, where I have authority, mandating masks be worn, social distancing be kept on federal property,” Biden explained from the Oval Office.
“There is a big difference between a policy and a federal mandate,” Dennis Tajer, spokesman for the Allied Pilots Association union, told aviation site Cirium. “A company policy doesn’t carry as much weight. When you use the words ‘federal mandate’ it gets attention.”
- America's cumulative death toll of 400,000 exceeds any other country's overall mortality.
Senate Sets Record for Longest Vote as Democrats Scramble to Reach Deal on Unemployment BenefitsWhat’s the story? The Senate on Friday set a new record for the longest vote in the chamber’s history as Democrats struggled to
by Causes | 3.5.21
U.S. Economy Adds 379K Jobs as States Ease Pandemic Restrictions on Restaurants & BarsThis content leverages data from USAFacts, a non-profit that visualizes governmental data. You can learn more on its website,
by Causes | 3.5.21
Senate COVID Vote-a-Rama Part II: Amendment Raising the Minimum Wage to $15 Per Hour RejectedWhat’s the story? The Senate on Friday morning began its second “vote-a-rama” of the year as it continues the consideration of
by Causes | 3.6.21