RNC Day 4: President Trump, Ivanka Trump, & Mitch McConnell
What do you think of the 2020 RNC?
by Axios | 8.27.20
🗓 What's happening: President Trump speaks tonight on the final night of the Republican National Convention.
👉 Highlights from last night:
- Vice President Mike Pence briefly addresses Kenosha: "The violence must stop"
- Rep. Dan Crenshaw doesn't mention Trump by name
- Kellyanne Conway: Trump has "elevated women"
- Pence national security adviser Keith Kellogg: "Trump is no hawk"
- Kayleigh McEnany shares personal story at RNC about preventative mastectomy
- 25-year-old GOP candidate: "In times of peril, young people saved this country"
- Trump's former spy chief Richard Grenell: Being called a "nationalist" is not an insult
📝 Between the lines: How Trump could pull off another upset.
- 🎧 Listen to Axios' Mike Allen talk about Trump's path to re-election on our daily podcast, Axios Today.
📸 The big picture: The GOP convention is a Trumpian production.
- 🙅♂️ Mark Meadows downplays RNC Hatch Act concerns after presidential pardon, naturalization ceremony.
🗣️ Schedule: This week's convention speakers.
Other speakers on Night 4:
- Ivanka Trump
- HUD Secretary Ben Carson
- Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
- Sen. Tom Cotton
- House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy
- Rudy Giuliani
- Franklin Graham
- Alice Johnson (granted clemency by Trump)
- UFC President Dana White
Highlights from Night 1: Trump's alternative reality.
- Donald Trump Jr.: Silent majority could become "silenced majority" — Sen. Tim Scott goes after Biden on race
- McCloskeys endorse Trump at RNC — Nikki Haley speech: "America is not a racist country"
Highlights from Night 2:
- Melania Trump acknowledged COVID-19's impact on America
- GOP speakers targeted the media
- Mike Pompeo lauded Trump for "bold initiatives in every corner of the world"
- Tiffany Trump: The president has been the "only person to challenge the establishment"
👉 Go deeper: Axios full 2020 convention coverage
Judge Temporarily Halts Trump’s WeChat BanA federal judge early on Sunday temporarily blocked a Trump administration order banning downloads of the Chinese-owned global
by Axios | 9.20.20
Hurricane Sally Makes Landfall in Alabama With 'Life-Threatening Storm Surge'A driver navigates along a flooded road as the outer bands of Hurricane Sally come ashore in Bayou La Batre, Alabama, on
by Axios | 9.16.20
Thousands Gather at Lincoln Memorial to Protest Police Brutality on ‘I Have a Dream’ Speech AnniversaryTwo generations of Kings spoke at the Lincoln Memorial Friday as part of the March on Washington that honored the 57th
by Axios | 8.28.20