How Is the Virus Affecting Travel? (Tip: Avoid Cruises if You Can)
Is corona making you rethink travel?
by Countable's Coronavirus Info Center | 3.11.20
How is the virus affecting travel?
- The disease is significantly impacting international travel.
- Travellers from China, Iran, Italy, and South Korea are being asked to stay home for a period of 14 days from the time they left those countries, which are each experiencing widespread, ongoing transmission.
- Since February 2, 2020, the U.S. government has prevented foreign nationals who have been in China within the past 14 days from entering the U.S.
- The government has also been monitoring the health of U.S. citizens, residents, and their immediate family members who have been in Hubei province and other parts of mainland China within the past 14 days, and quarantining those showing symptoms of illness.
- On February 29, 2020, the U.S. government also suspended entry of foreign nationals who have been to Iran within the past 14 days. This move was in response to the novel coronavirus’ rapid spread in that country.
What about U.S. citizens travelling abroad?
- The CDC recommends travelers - particularly those with underlying health issues - defer all cruise ship travel worldwide.
- The government also recommends that older adults and travelers with underlying health issues avoid long plane trips.
- For up-to-date information on CDC guidance, check the agency’s website.
—Lorelei Yang & Josh Herman
Trump Signs Bill Extending Paycheck Protection Program LendingWhat’s the story? On the Fourth of July, President Donald Trump signed a bill to extend the deadline for small businesses to
by Countable's Coronavirus Info Center | 7.7.20
Risk of Catching COVID-19 Doing 30+ Activities—Josh Herman
by Countable's Coronavirus Info Center | 7.6.20
People of Color More Likely to Contract, Die from COVID-19 - How Do We Solve the Racial Gap?African Americans are at much higher risk of contracting COVID-19 than the rest of the U.S. population. Blacks are also much
by Countable's Coronavirus Info Center | 6.8.20